Sunday 19 February 2012

Fluorite Cab

For Christmas this year my darling bratlet bought me some cabochon for bezelling.  His favourite colour is green, so he bought me two green ones and then a fluorite one and a tiger's eye - I am a very lucky Mummy indeed!  They're all 40x30mm and really pretty.  So this week I decided to bezel the fluorite one.


As you can see, I also added some fluorite 8mm beads throughout the herringbone cord and used the 15s to frame them.


The clasp was a nightmare to do because I didn't want to just put a bead on the end, nor did I want a traditional toggle so instead I made up a beaded bead using three of the 8mm beads.
View from the top
Side view



All in all, it's very simple but I'm pleased because although the dark iris beads do darken the cab significantly, they also bring out the deep purple veins in the fluorite.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pendant:-)
    Classical,distinquish and elegant.
    Á popos the gemstone: isn't it the FLUORITE?
    Of course,I might be wrong-English is not my native language,but...I have a little knowledge about gemstones and to be sure-I've checked the name in my dictionary-also in Google:-)
    Hugs-Halinka-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct, it is fluorite! I have gone back through and changed the spellings - oooops! Thanks for letting me know chick ;)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful necklace and you are a lucky Mommy to have such a wonderful and thoughtful Son to get you something you enjoy working with.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very lucky indeed, although seeing as my son is only 11, I'm sure his Granny had something to do with it! Bless him. He is a good boy.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful!!!!!!!! Pretty colours!!!!!!!!!!
    I posted the picture of my neckerchief. Thank you again.
    Hero

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun :)
      I shall pop over now to have a peep! How exciting!!!
      Cate x

      Delete
  4. Hola, he estado mirando tu blog y tienes cosas realmente preciosas.
    He decidido quedarme por aquí para no perderme detalle.
    Felicidades por tus trabajos!!!!

    ReplyDelete