Wednesday 2 July 2014

Rainbow Reverie Bangle

So I decided to make something with a little bit of colour.  As you know, I'm not good with colour at all and tend to steer clear, but I just wanted to really go for it, like I did with the Jester Cuff.  I didn't want to emulate it, more create a sibling for it and this is what I came up with:
 Originally I wanted to nestle dyed howlite skulls in each of the ellipses but I made the wings too long and the bellyband too thick for it to work.  I still have the beads on my tray though so...

I love how the view from the top looks so utterly simple and undulates so smoothly.
 
 And it was my first foray into using the luminous delicas.  They're a bit fab and very bright (you can't tell in this picture how bright that pink is, you'll just have to trust me!).
 Each wing tip is joined and the whole structure is extraordinarily solid. 

I hope you like it.

Available in my Etsy shop here.

No comments:

Post a Comment